Spring and summer presents an opportunity to plant a forage crop for summer, autumn & winter feed. As part of your pasture management program, spring & summer crops can grow valuable feed at key times when pastures are of low quality or quantity.
Dependent on a variety of factors, including environment, planting time, stock needs & water availability, there is a range of varieties available to suit your needs.
- Cost effective source of dry matter compared to ‘bought in feed’
- Produce large quantities of feed for a relatively low cost of production
- Be grazed where they are grown, eliminating additional costs associated with hay, silage and grain
- Break the perennial weed cycle using non-selective herbicides leading to more productive pastures
- Break clover pest and disease lifecycles (Nematodes/viruses) for better clover content in subsequent pastures
Download our Spring Forage Options Guide
Spring & Summer presents an opportunity to plant a valuable forage crop