Marco Tetraploid Turnip. The earliest maturing turnip available; having an interval to grazing of just 50-70 days, Marco provides flexibility of sowing and grazing management.
With less time out of pasture, and the possibility of two crops in one season, Marco is also ideal for late sowings.
Marco has large bulbs, with a high bulb to leaf ratio, has high grazing preference, is highly palatable and retains its quality well in the paddock for as long as 90 days.
Marco Tetraploid Turnip has the following benefits:
- The earliest maturity turnip available (only 55 – 65 days from sowing to grazing)
- High yielding
- Tetraploid quality – high metabolisable energy & digestibility
- Large bulbs with high bulb to leaf ratio
- Excellent bulb storage quality (can be grazed up to 90 days after sowing)
- Resistance to club root and bolting
- Potential of 2 Marco crops in one season, or for late sowings
|Soil Temperature||12+ degrees|
|Readt to Graze||55-65 days|
Marco Turnip Spotlight
Download Forage Spotlight
Notman Pasture Seeds have been in the Australia forage seeds business since 1987 and have proudly supported farmers around the country. To discuss your pasture & cropping plans call our experienced team on (03) 5659 2314.
Marco Tetraploid Turnip at Toora, South Gippsland.