HIGH YIELDING FOR QUICK WINTER GRAZING AND HIGH QUALITY SPRING FEED.
Cooee Forage Oats are fast growing, versatile forage oat provides good winter feed and early spring feed. Coo-ee oats are ideal as a quick winter feed option with the ability to yield hay or silage from a range of sowing dates. Coo-ee can be sown in combination with annual/italian ryegrasses and brassica for grazing/hay/silage. Coo-ee is a fine stemmed, late maturing forage oat that has a relatively low growing point. It is suited to dual purpose grazing and hay/silage.
- Ready to graze in 40-55 days
- Fast winter growth
- Provides extended grazing
- Excellent silage and hay options
- Sowing rate should be 80-120kg/ha. 70-120 kg/ha as a straight crop 10 – 100 kg/ha in a mix.
- It is suggested to sow 3-4 oat paddocks for every paddock of forage ryecorn. The ryecorn will produce faster winter growth, while oats will produce quality hay and silage
- Minimum 500mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated
Key Points for Winter Growth
- Southern Green forage ryecorn with fast growth complements oats. Consider one paddock of forage ryecorn for every 3-4 oat paddocks.
- Although slower to first grazing than forage ryecorn, Coo-ee provides extended grazing, silage and hay options.