HP Irrigation blend genetics come from the Cropmark breeding program. The blend is made up with leading 2X & 4X very high quality producing varieties. The HP Irrigation perennial grass blend is highly palatable, where stock will preferentially graze these varieties over other options. Later heading (avg. +15 days) very good early spring yields, high pasture quality and good
- Strong yield performance across all seasons, with good winter, early spring growth
- High pasture quality (ME, digestibility)
- High palatability and strong livestock preference
- Later heading (avg.+15 days) for carrying pasture quality longer into spring
- Anecdotal evidence of high water-use efficiency
- Good re-growth response after droughts
- Excellent disease resistance
- High livestock performance with no effects on livestock
Recommended for use in Irrigated and high rainfall areas, with all high performance systems and all livestock in regions where insect pressure is low. Will not cause grass staggers or heat
stress. Best suited to rotational grazing systems.
Sowing / Pasture management: Sow into a well worked, firm and moist seed bed, to a depth of no more than 1-2cm, when soil temperatures are a minimum of 12 degrees C. Rolling using a Cambridge roller or equivalent is recommended. Sowing into cooler soil temperatures, or deeper depths can reduce establishment speed. Stock will preferentially graze HP, don’t overgraze.