Ultra Enhanced ® perennial ryegrass is a fine leaved, very densely tillered, late heading diploid Enhanced ® ryegrass which combines the best traits of its parents – the high levels of pasture production available from perennial ryegrass, coupled with the feed quality attributes of meadow fescue.
Ultra has strong year-round production, but with exceptional late winter, early spring growth; providing feed when it is needed most for increased livestock needs around calving and lambing.
Available in AR1® and low endophyte.
Ultra Enhanced ® Ryegrass has the following benefits:
- An Enhanced® perennial ryegrass – the latest genetics
- High winter, early spring growth rates – produces feed when it is needed most to meet peak livestock feed demands at this time
- Consistently high yielding across seasons, years and regions
- High pasture quality through its inter-species cross parentage
- High metabolisable energy content for potentially higher livestock performance
- Later heading (+20 days) to maintain pasture quality longer into spring
- More ‘clean leaf area’ through high relative freedom from disease, leading to improved palatability and better ability to grow
- Animal safety (won’t cause grass staggers or heat stress)