SUMMER ACTIVE AND EXCELLENT SEASONAL QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF FEED PRODUCED
An outstanding continental tall fescue that offers excellent quality feed over the growing season. It has improved seedling vigour over older type continental fescues which provides faster establishment.
- Ready to graze in 70-110 days
- Improved leaf softness for increased palatability
- Reduced aftermath heading for increased quality over the growing season
- Sowing rates should be 8–25kg/ha
- Sowing depth within the range of 5-15mm
- Minimum 600mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated
Sowing and establishment
Tall fescues have relatively slow seedling growth compared with perennial ryegrass so must not be sown in ryegrass mixtures. Sow in spring or early autumn at 22-32 kg/ha (Superstrike treated seed) with 4-6 kg/ha Superstrike treated white clover and with Chico chicory. Sow within the range of 5-15 mm, certainly not deeper. Tall fescues perform best under good fertility and regular use of nitrogen.