Coleor Kale is a high yielding, leafy, diploid Kale of short to medium height, very high leaf to stem ratio and very good winter hardiness. Of particular note is Coleor’s high dry matter digestibility and metabolisable energy content which means potentially higher livestock performance. Recommended for sheep, beef and dairy cattle production systems.
HIGH YIELDING LEAFY DIPLOID KALE
- Medium stem height
- High yielding
- Very high leaf to stem ratio (60%) – a leafier kale
- High leaf dry matter content
- High in metabolisable energy and digestibility
- Finer stems
- Very good winter hardiness
- Highly recommended for sheep, cattle & deer
Being a medium stem kale, Coleor Kale us suited to both cattle and sheep as a high yielding winter feed crop. Highly recommended in cooler regions due to its very good winter hardiness. Sown in late Spring whilst moisture available.
|Days to Grazing
|Summer & Autumn
|17tDM/ha (with irrigation)