AsureQuality are the leading provider of testing, inspection, certification and verification services to the Australasian seed and grain industry.
If the label on a bag of seed states that it has met the New Zealand or Australian Seed Certification Scheme standards, the purchaser – anywhere around the world – can be sure that it has achieved exacting quality standards during growing and processing.
For more information on AsureQuality visit: www.seedtesting.com.au
AsureQuality provides a comprehensive range of seed testing services for Notman Pasture Seeds, including:
- Lolium endophyte
Our staff are AgSafe accredited, delivering a national standard that satisfies the regulatory compliance measures as determined by the five relevant government departments in each state.
What is Seed Certification:
- It is a scheme with a process to verify varietal purity.
Who co-ordinates the scheme:
- It is administered by AsureQuality
How does it work:
- Crops and resultant seed must pass specific standards at the field (growing) stage and laboratory (processed) stage.
- Growers of ‘certified seed’ must have their farms and individual paddocks mapped and registered with the scheme.
- Growers enter their production areas for certification, including paddock details, sowing seed details and previous crop history, which can be verified against the scheme database.
- AsureQuality field staff inspect growing crops for the presence of weed and off-type or other crop contaminants.
- Following harvest, packaging and certification labeling, the resultant crop is tested by the National Seed Laboratory for purity to ensure the seed is above the minimum standards for the species and is free of noxious weeds. (e.g. for perennial ryegrass – a minimum 98% purity and maximum 0.7% other seed).
- All certified seed should have official certification labels attached to each bag, which verifies that the seed has met the field and laboratory standards, and therefore confirming its varietal identity. The label also provides traceability back to the field or production.
Our premium pasture & forage crop mixes provide a selection of the best performing varieties to suit many situations. Since 1987, Notman Pasture Seeds have used our extensive knowledge to develop pasture & forage crop mixes tailored your specific farm requirements.