Arrowleaf Clover is a deep taproot, winter growing, a self-regenerating annual legume native to the Mediterranean. This extremely drought hardy variety benefits from grazing at approx. 6 inches, regrow and either re-graze or use for hay. Incorporating Arrowleaf in sub clover based pastures can extend the grazing phase by 4-12 weeks. Arrowleaf delivers abundant tonnage late in the spring, again perfect for grazing or cut for hay. Arrowleaf Clover is a tall erect growth (50-100cm) makes it compatible and persistent with most forage crops and pasture species.
Arrowleaf Clover is available as a standalone, Top Crop Forage Blends or Muti Specie Pasture Blends.
- Self regenerating annual legume
- Drough hardy
- Great feed through late spring, ideal for silage and hay production
- Grows well on most soil types, except very alkaline clay soils
- Long growing season, extending into summer.
- Responds well to summer rain.
- Ability to suppress summer weed species.
- Deep taproot.
- Highly palatable, bloat safe legume.
Sowing rate: 6-8 kg/ha, or 2-4 kg/ha in a forage blend