Morrow red clover (Trifolium pratense) is a new and improved red clover selected for improved grazing tolerance and higher forage yield. Red-clover is a deep-rooted legume that produces excellent quality feed during both summer and autumn (season permitting). Morrow exhibits improved grazing tolerance on Tuscan cv. due to its more prostrate nature and multi-stemmed plant-type.
- Bred for high yield with improved persistence under grazing
- Improved persistence over other red clovers
- High yield as grazing and hay or silage
- Medium oestrogen levels
- Excellent quality feed over summer and autumn
- Suited to most farm types in high rainfall areas
- Adds significantly to hay and silage quality
- Better suited to grazing than many older red-clover cultivars
Morrow is suitable for most farm types. It performs best on free draining soils under moderate stocking rates, long summer grazing rotations or hay production. Under high stocking rates or fast summer grazing rotations its persistence is reduced.