Crackerjack II Triticale is a high performance mid/late forage type triticale, bred to provide high forage yields. It benefits from good early growth, excellent overall forage yield and good grazing tolerance. Crackerjack 2 is suited to rotational grazing and is an exceptional whole crop silage variety. Crackerjack 2 supersedes the original Crackerjack by Barenbrug.
- Impressive spring bulk up for very high silage yield potential
- Dark green long and broad leaves
- Very good lodging resistance
- High growth in autumn-early winter
- Earlier sowing option than the original Crackerjack
- Excellent green leaf retention in later stages of maturity
Crackerjack 2 is ideal as a winter forage crop for dairy and livestock systems. It has been developed for whole crop silage production and is well suited to grazing and hay production. Crackerjack 2 is also an excellent option for paddock preparation and reducing weed/pest burdens for subsequent pasture renovations. It is particularly suited to areas where waterlogging and/or soil Al levels limit production for other cereals. Crackerjack 2 has found to become susceptible to stripe rust and hence appropriate fungicide management my need to be implemented.
|Crackerjack II Triticale
|Dual purpose triticale
|> 5.0 pH