Shirohie Millet is a fast growing summer forage millet that combines highly productive leafy grass, multiple cuts per season, versatility and a relatively easy crop to establish on a range of soil types. Millet grows leafy feed when you need it most in summer
excellent companion for other summer forage species
- Fast growing, leafy summer grass
- Low cost summer grass option
- Easy to establish, can be sown early compared with sorghum
- Excellent regrowth potential after grazing/cutting
- No toxicity issues safe to feed at all stages of development
a highly productive summer leafy forage crop that grows when you need it most in summer. The fast growing versatile forage provides forage for grazing, hay and silage. Excellent regrowth potential when good moisture and nitrogen levels are available.
Shirohie Millet is also available in our Top Crop blends.
- Tall leafy grass with a thin stem which can grow to 1.5 metres in height.
- Minimum annual rainfall of 500mm
- Sowing rate of 5-10 kg/ha on dryland
- Sowing rate of 10-25 kg/ha on irrigation
|Shirohie Millet / Forage Millet
|Ready to graze
|Companion species (Autumn sown)