Pillar Forage Rape is an exciting new, fast establishing, high yielding multi-graze giant-type forage rape with strong re-growth potential, good aphid tolerance and disease resistance.
The dry matter yield potential of Pillar is proving on farm to be a real highlight, as is its flexibility for spring or autumn sowings.
Pillar Rape has the following benefits:
- Leafy, giant-type
- Very fast establishing
- Improved DM yields
- Very good re-growth potential
- Good disease resistance
- Can be sown in spring or autumn
- Suitable for sheep, cattle and deer
Grazing Forage Rape
- Introduce livestock to crop (1-2 hours a day), building up to a maximum allowance over at least a 7-10 day period to allow rumen microbes to adjust to the high quality forage.
- Feed dry stock and dairy cows no more than 70-80% and 33% of the diet as brassicas
- Prevent gorging & help rumen microbes adjust by feeding extra fibre prior to and while grazing forage rape crops
- Do not feed frozen brassica to stock, feed silage/hay in the morning then shift the break in the late-morning/early after-noon.
|Sowing Date||Spring or Autumn|
|Sowing Rate||3-6 kg/ha|
|Soil Temperature||12+ degrees|
|Readt to Graze||80-110 days|
Pillar Forage Rape Spotlight
Download Forage Spotlight
Notman Pasture Seeds have been in the Australia forage seeds business since 1987 and have proudly supported farmers around the country. To discuss your pasture & cropping plans call our experienced team on (03) 5659 2314.