Sonik Italian Ryegrass is a fine leafed, very densely tillered and late heading diploid Italian ryegrass (+17 days) with very fast establishment and re-growth, very strong growth over all seasons and very good persistence.
Sonik is particularly noted for its strong autumn-winter growth activity advantage relative to other Italian and Westerwolds annual ryegrasses, and has very soft, lush highly digestible leaves.
Sonik Italian Ryegrass has the following benefits:
- Extremely high dry matter production across all seasons
- Exceptional cool season activity
- Very fast establishment and re-growth
- Very high metabolisable energy content
- Very densely tillered (20-50% more tillers than other Italian ryegrasses tested)
- Late heading (+ 17 days) to maintain feed quality for longer into spring
- Soft, lush digestible leaves
- Exceptional rust resistance
- Very good persistence where conditions allow