Mantra White Clover. A new and very large leafed mid flowering white clover, with semi-erect growth habit, high stolon number and thick stolons, with medium to high growing point to enable better competition with grass in swards, high yields with strong winter, early spring growth, very good persistence and reasonably good tolerance to schlerotinia.
Best suited to rotational grazing.
- Very competitive in grass swards
- High yielding, with strong winter, early spring growth
- High stolon density and stolon length
- Great palatability with finer stems
- Very good disease resistance, including sclerotinia and rust
- Very good persistence, even under close sheep grazing
Why use Mantra White Clover?
- It has high stolon number and thick stolons.
- Its medium to high growing point enables better competition with grass in swards.
- High yields with strong winter/early spring growth, very good persistence and reasonably good tolerance to sclerotinia.
- Best suited to rotational grazing.
Mantra White Clover is available in our Notman Pasture perennial ryegrass seed blends.
|Leaf size:||Very large|
|Disease tolerance:||Very good|
|Persistence:||3-4 years (subject to climate, insect pest pressure and management)|
|Sowing rate:||4-6kg/hectare in pasture mixes as the sole clover
2-3kg/hectare when mixed with a small or medium leafed clover
|Sowing depth:||1-1.5cm (10-15mm)|
|Sowing dates:||Autumn and Spring|