Surge Italian Ryegrass is very high yielding diploid Italian ryegrass which displays strong year-round growth and strong persistence where conditions allow.
Surge is fast establishing, has high forage quality, is late heading (+15 days) enabling pasture quality to be carried through longer into early summer, and has very low aftermath heading (ie it returns to vegetative state quickly). Surge can perform very well into a second year given suitable conditions and is suitable for dairy, beef and sheep.
Surge Italian Ryegrass was selected from numerous high performance trials throughout Australia – and was chosen for it’s excellent persistence and late season quality.
Surge Italian ryegrass has the following benefits:
- Strong autumn, winter and spring growth
- Will produce high yields into early summer when conditions allow
- High ME for increase livestock performance
- Highly palatable
- Late heading (+15 days), with low aftermath heading
- Strong tiller density for improved yield and persistence
- Strong persistence. It can perform very well into a second year given suitable conditions
- Suitable for over-sowing into run-out pastures or as a specialist short term ryegrass crop.
|Variety||Surge Italian Ryegrass|
|Sowing rate||25-40 kg/ha|
|Heading Date||Late +15 days to Nui=0|
|Pasture life||12-18 months|