Impact 2 is a late maturing, diploid perennial ryegrass, providing an exceptional even seasonal growth pattern throughout the year. Combined with NEA2 endophyte, Impact 2 offers good inset protection and performance.
- Late heading diploid perennial ryegrass (+ 16 days Nui)
- Consistent seasonal growth pattern across all seasons
- Excellent early spring yield for a late heading variety
- Strong annual forage production only superseded in the diploid perennial ryegrass space by our new cultivar Maxsyn NEA4
- The high annual forage production combined with consistent seasonal growth curves assist in delivering reduced overall feed costs for dairy farms.
- The early spring growth, combined with Impact 2 NEA2’s late heading, make it a great performer in many systems where early spring growth is critical, but you require a late heading variety that will deliver late spring quality & animal performance.
- The improved seasonal growth curves produce feed outside of normal growth periods, such as mid-late spring, helping fill feed gaps in autumn to early spring. This reduces the cost of supplementary feed by producing cheaper ‘home grown’ forage.
It is suited to both dairy and intensive red meat systems, in regions typically suited to perennial ryegrass, where consistent and reliable forage production is required throughout the year. Impact 2 NEA2 is best suited to rainfall greater than 700mm/yr.+ in warmer temperate regions, while in cooler temperate regions like Tasmania & South Gippsland, Impact 2 will perform well down to 600mm/yr.+. The growth of Impact 2, in key periods like winter & early spring assist most farming systems in southern Australia by reducing supplementary feed costs, therefore providing an excellent option for farmers wanting to fill feed deficits in this period, but wanting a late heading variety that will maintain quality and production in late spring. Impact 2 NEA2 is well suited to sowing in combination with late heading tetraploid cultivars like Bealey NEA2. The combination of Impact 2’s tiller density helps to avoid overgrazing in the high quality Bealey NEA2 making them a great combination.
|Late heading, +16 days to Nui=0