Sonik Italian Ryegrass is a fine leafed, very densely tillered and late heading diploid Italian ryegrass (+17 days) with very fast establishment and re-growth, very strong growth over all seasons and very good persistence.
Sonik is particularly noted for its strong autumn-winter growth activity advantage relative to other Italian and Westerwolds annual ryegrasses, and has very soft, lush highly digestible leaves.
Sonik Italian Ryegrass has the following benefits:
- Extremely high dry matter production across all seasons
- Exceptional cool season activity
- Very fast establishment and re-growth
- Very high metabolisable energy content
- Very densely tillered (20-50% more tillers than other Italian ryegrasses tested)
- Late heading (+ 17 days) to maintain feed quality for longer into spring
- Soft, lush digestible leaves
- Exceptional rust resistance
- Very good persistence where conditions allow
Sonik has proven reliable and strong yield performance in seed industry trials. But more importantly, it has been proven year after year on farms around the country as a high yielding short rotation ryegrass that handles harsh conditions and grazing management.
Where it fits?
Recommended for use with all high performance systems and livestock types (sheep, cattle, horses, deer, goats and alpacas) as a specialist short term (1-2 year) pasture, or for over-sowing
into run-out or damaged pastures to extend their life