Ecotain Plantain is a mineral-rich perennial grazing herb. Ecotain is fast establishing and tolerant to a wide range of soils, including less fertile soils and dryland regions with 600mm+ annual rainfall/irrigation. Ecotain has a deep coarse root system, which gives it a degree of drought tolerance and the ability to respond quickly after summer dry conditions.
- Suitable for lamb and beef finishing
- An ideal source of minerals important for good animal health and performance
- Strong cool season growth
- Valuable year-round production
- Reduced N losses from farm systems, through N leaching reduction from the urine patch
Ecotain pastures offer strong animal performance to sheep, beef and dairy farmers, particularly in winter and spring, as well as supporting a high level of animal health, reduced incidence of dags in sheep and good micronutrient supply (Zn, Cu, Se, Mg, Ca, K). Pure stands of Ecotain can be used during lambing to increase lamb and ewe weights at weaning.
|Autumn and early Spring
|10-14 kg/ha (standalone), 2-6kg/ha (in a mix)
|Ready to graze