Taipan Balansa Clover is a mid maturing balansa clover with high levels of hard seed allowing for flexibility when seasons are dry. Taipan suits a wide range of soil types and can grow in areas of medium rainfall with excellent waterlogging tolerance. With high dry matter production, Taipan can be grown for quality hay or as part of a perennial pasture system.
Balansa clover is an annual clover that regenerates when given the opportunity to produce seed. A very adaptable species, balansa clover will generally grow where subterranean clover grows as well as some areas where soils can experience water logging or where salinity is a problem.
Productive balansa for medium rainfall zones.
- Ready to graze in 55-85 days
- Tolerant of moderate soil salinity
- High dry matter yields
- Can withstand periods of water logging
- Sowing rate should be 2-12kg/ha
- Ideally sown as part of a mix
- Can be sown as a straight stand for high quality hay or silage
- Minimum 425mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated
Sowing & Establishment
Pasture Life: 2 – 5 years
Grazing Method: Rotational Grazed – Long Term
Number of Grazings + 3
Minimum 400mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated