Barkant bulb turnip – the highest yielding summer bulb turnip in the business, maturing 70-90 days after sowing. Barkant turnips produce high quality feed with a high metabolisable energy (ME) value, meaning greater animal performance can be achieved. It is a high performance feed for lactating dairy cows, supplying the energy required to boost milk production.
Barkant Turnip features:
- Highest yielding summer bulb turnip available, a potential yield 15,000 kgDM/ha
- High leaf-to-bulb ratio resulting in high levels of protein
- Shown in an independent animal trial to increase summer/autumn milksolids production by 25%
- Tankard bulb shape enhances crop utilisation and reduces the risk of choke associated with round bulbs
- High source of metabolisable energy (MJME) with high protein bulb and leaf
- Early maturing for excellent summer feed
Barkant turnips mature 70-90 days after sowing. After 90 days the digestibility of the turnip may decline, reducing its feed quality. Begin grazing the crop from day 70, to make use of it while the quality is still good. Plan to have Barkant grazing completed by 100 days from sowing.
|Early Spring & Early Autumn
|1.5-2kg/ha (standalone), 0.5kg/ha (in a mix)
|Ready to graze