Frenzy Hybrid Ryegrass, new to Notman Pasture Seeds, is a very high yielding tetraploid hybrid ryegrass containing the NEA endophyte and which is the result of 25 years of plant breeding.
Frenzy is an extremely fast establishing ryegrass, dense with strong cool season growth and year-round yields. Its very fast establishment makes it ideally suited for stitching into old or run-out pastures as well as short term (2-3 years) specialist pastures.
Frenzy is a great option for oversowing thin pastures before a full renewal. It’s rapid establishment gives great results as new Frenzy seedlings are able to compete well for space with existing pastures. This means paddocks re-sown with Frenzy are back into the grazing rotation more quickly than those oversown with perennial ryegrass or other hybrid ryegrasses.
As Frenzy is an extremely fast establishing ryegrass it’s great winter companion as sown paddocks are more reliable establishers and are ready for grazing quicker. Frenzy has sown to provide similar levels of winter growth as traditional annual and italian ryegrasses.
Animal performance – NEA
The NEA endophyte featured in Frenzy gives excellent animal performance as there is no risk of staggers in dairy animals very low in sheep.
- An outstanding 2-3 year short rotation ryegrass
- Unrivalled speed of establishment compared to other cultivars trialled
- Improved year-round yields with very strong autumn-winter growth
- Ideally suited for stitching into old or run-out pastures.
- Very good persistence and palatability
- Excellent livestock performance potential
|Frenzy NEA2 Hybrid Ryegrass
|Late +16 days to Nui=0