Maxsyn NEA4 perennial ryegrass is a new Barenbrug mid-late heading diploid perennial ryegrass. The combination of Maxsyn and NEA4 endophyte results in a superior cultivar, maximising forage production and seasonal growth, combined with a densely tillered and persistent variety. Maxsyn has shown unmatched performance across multiple sites and years, which has resulted in a reliable performer in all perennial ryegrass regions.
- Mid-late diploid perennial ryegrass
- Highest performing perennial ryegrass released by Barenbrug
- Excellent warm season growth and heat tolerance
- Densely tillered and persistent
- Adaptable and reliable over years of testing & development
- Unrivalled forage production means Maxsyn will deliver greater returns to your farming system through producing more low cost ‘home grown feed’
- The season growth curve benefits fill critical feed gaps in both autumn and spring calving/lambing systems in southern Australia, reducing supplementary feed costs
- Greater persistence, through the combination of tiller density, genetic background and NEA4 endophyte means less renewal and renovation saving you money & time
Maxsyn has been developed by Barenbrug for over 14 years and has demonstrated; excellent performance, reliability and adaptability across key temperate perennial ryegrass regions. It is particularly suited to 650mm–900mm/yr rainfall environments due to its maturity and persistence but will perform well under irrigation & other high rainfall systems. The high tiller density, while aiding persistence, also makes it suitable for areas prone to pugging, when compared with more open diploid or tetraploid cultivars. Maxsyn is an all-round performer making it suitable for beef, sheep and dairy systems due to its combination of persistence, seasonal growth, overall performance and maturity. Maxsyn’s strong seasonal growth in winter, early spring, summer & autumn makes it ideal for farmers wanting to fill feed gaps at those critical periods. Maxsyn compliments later maturing varieties, like Bealey NEA2, by complimenting total farm growth curves.
|Maxsyn NEA4 Perennial Ryegrass
|Mid heading, +8 days to Nui=0