Base AR37 is a late maturing, high yielding, densely tillered ryegrass resistant to a number of Australia’s major pasture pests. Base AR37 is available in our Vatbuster blends, or a standalone ryegrass. Base AR37 is bred for Australia’s top conditions and is well suited to high rainfall regions also.
- Ready to graze in 55-85 days
- Contains AR37 endophyte providing resistance to a number of major pasture pests
- Has shown excellent persistence
- Very high tiller density and high dry matter production
- Excellent late season quality feed
- Ideally suited for dairy and beef farming operations
- Sowing rates should be 20–30kg/ha
- Avoid hard set stocking during dry periods
- Minimum 650mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated
Base AR37 will produce more dry matter as well as persist longer under rotational grazing management. Avoid hard set stockingduring periods of stress such as droughts or periods of low fertility. Although to date no incidences of AR37 related staggers in cattle has been reported it is possible sheep could be affected, however trials have demonstrated that on average the duration as well as severity of ryegrass staggers is less than for standard endophyte.
To date AR37 has been trialled with sheep and cattle exclusively. Other classes including horses and deer should not consume forage containing AR37 endophyte.
Where is can grow
Base AR37 is well suited to all Tasmanian, Victorian and West Australian dairy zones extending up to New South Wales Coast to include the Tablelands to Coffs Harbour.
|Base AR37 Perennial Ryegrass
|Very Late +22 days to Nui=0