Pronto Forage Sorghum is a fast maturing, fine stemmed sorghum suited for early grazing, silage and hay production.
Pronto is a consistent and affordable performer. Finely stemmed, Pronto is a leafy, early maturing, high yielding sorghum type Sudan grass.
- Ready to graze in 40-55 days
- Ideal grazing at 1m high
- Produces excellent pit or wrap silage
- Best cut for high quality hay at between 1.5-2m high
- Sow from early spring until late summer into warm soil
- Consider a pre-emergent herbicide
- Minimum 600mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated
|Pronto Forage Sorghum
|Late Spring, Early Summer
|Ready to graze
|When crop reaches 1 metre high
|Grazing, Silage, Hay
What is forage sorghum?
Sorghum is a warm season (C4) annual grass that has the ability to produce high qualities of dry matter at a time of the year that can be hard to grow feed. Irrigation is normally required to achieve the best results with good fertility. Sowing of sorghum shouldn’t take place until the soil temperature is at 16 degrees as this ensures uniform germination and fast establishment. There are many different types of sorghums available with dual purpose and BMR hybrids the most commonly used in forage systems.